Athletes have been a driving force behind the growth of whole-body cryotherapy. Game-time or race success is dependent upon their body's ability to train, recover and perform. WBC provides the most effective and convenient treatment that gives these athletes a competitive advantage. Within a short time, the majority of athletic training departments will be delivering WBC to their athletes with cryosaunas.
- Decreases Muscle Soreness, Pain and Inﬂammation
- Reduces Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Increase Energy and Peak Athletic Performance
- Allows for immediate post-therapy sports activity
- Allows more intense and higher volume training
- Boosts Lymph Draining and Blood Circulation
- Improves Muscle Strength and Joint Function
- Overall faster return to sports training
- Decreases Injury Recovery Time
- Improves immune system
- Decreases fatigue
Cryotherapy has been shown to burn 500-800 calories per session. This is optimal to help prime your body prior to your workout for increased energy, vitality, metabolic rate and fat burning. Cryotherapy before your workout, race or game can increase your performance as well as aid in a faster recovery.
Inflammation is a cell and tissue response to insult or injury. Chemical signals released by damaged cells result in dilation of blood vessels, swelling, accumulation of white blood cells and warming of tissue. Cryotherapy promotes anti-inflammatory properties, which decrease soreness in a post-workout state as well as provide pain relief by constricting the blood vessels. Cryotherapy also elicits the ‘fight or flight’ response, which not only decreases inflammation but also affects your body’s perception of symptomatic pain.